The Selah Group presents a new approach to prevention and treatment. This approach answers many of the questions that may have occurred to you about relationships, parenting, self-esteem, addictions, and other personal issues.
Through gentle but profound conversations, which demands neither probing into the past nor emotional catharsis, clients develop a deeper level of understanding about how their thinking relates to their experience of life.
The hope of the Selah Group is that clients will:
- Access their innate health, ie. their wisdom, self-esteem, common sense.
- Understand the role and power of thought.
- Live in harmonious relationships.
The Selah Group offers a new understanding in the field of mental health. We recognize health in any human being rather than treating illness and solving problems. In a short time clients regain their capacity for positive, productive living and an increased enjoyment of life.
Over the past twenty years, proponents of this understanding have observed that:
- The capacity for innate mental health is accessible to everyone, regardless of circumstances or presenting problems.
- People can learn to understand the role and power of though in the moment to moment creation of their reality.
- Through personal experience people develop faith in the human potential and in their own innate resiliency.
SELAH is an ancient Hebrew word meaning tranquil, secure, at rest, silence, pause, quiet, peaceful, serene, prosperous. It describes the state of mind in which we “wait in the stillness”. This will allow a flow of thoughts which are new and fresh and appropriate to the moment.